You can "go for the gold" when you --
- give a mother the phone number of an LLL Leader.
- tell a first-time breastfeeding mother she is doing just fine.
- bring the new mother a nutrious snack and a big glass of water.
- as an employer, accommodate a mother's need to pump with a private comfortable space.
- as the baby's father, intercede with family and friends so that mother and baby can feel confident.
- write to legislators to support the enactment of laws supporting paid maternity leave and mother-friendly workplaces.
- contact an emergency relief organization and request training to help in emergency situations, especially in breastfeeding support.
- take care of your health and nutritional needs during pregnancy and lactation.
- set up or join a network of lactation experts in your community.
- provide transportation to a mother to attend an LLL meeting or visit a lactation consultant.
- advocate for legislation that enacts the provisions of the WHO/UNICEF Code of Marketing.
- ask for support and offer support to others.
J'y penserai pour mes prochaines interventions. Et pour les mères enceintes, j'utiliserai la réplique de Mynaï : Le premier mois et demi c'est l'enfer, ça fait mal un peu et beaucoup parfois, vous ne ferez rien d'autre, mais après c'est le bonheur...